Instantly remove map lighting!
Remember the old map recompiler I made around 3 years ago? Screw that, this is a way better version!
- Takes under a second to remove lighting for most maps!
- Without lighting, you can add your own (shadowed/volumetric) lights to the maps, giving you more control over your movie session.
- Optionally, the skybox and fog settings can be changed as well.
Installation and usage
- Requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher!
- Download and extract the .zip file anywhere
- Drag a .bsp file on the LightDeleter.exe
- A _nolights.bsp will be placed next to the original .bsp file
- You can now use this map in SFM just like any other map
*Putting the map in the program's folder is not necessary for it to work.
If you know how to work with the command-line, you have some more options available:
- Run cmd.exe inside of the LightDeleter.exe folder
- You can now run the LightDeleter.exe without parameters to see a list of additional options
Some examples of advanced commands:
--skybox sky_nightfall_01 to replace the skybox texture with a nighttime one
--fog "enabled;0" to disable fog
- Specify a filename after the input bsp file to give the output file another name
- Cubemaps are still bright. Simply type
mat_fastspecular 0 in SFM's console to disable them.
- Some props are not affected by map lighting due to the material they use.
- Some BSP versions and technologies are not implemented, so the program may error with some game's BSP files.
Please let me know if you find any other problems with certain maps or with the program! It's my first time messing around with bsp file hacking, so I can imagine a lot can go wrong. :)