sfmlab was a mistake
If you know Regular Expressions, I enocurage you to try and edit this script. If you don't know RegEx, then you can't anyways.
No, SFM doesn't have any kind of constraints for spline IK rigging, tentacles need to be animated the old way.
Hey. I'm passionate for normal maps alright? And jelly cocks, too.
@Lorisor You're welcome! ^-^
HOLY SHIT THAT FORMATTING THOUGH, THANKS GANON. https://pastebin.com/72sqjz4k
Normal map = 3x8-bit color channels, each pixel describes a vector
Bump map = 1x8-bit Black/white map, each pixel describes a distance
- People have been mixing them up since the expressions were born and therefore some people claim they are interchangable. Those people should be hung by their left testicle.
This is how you convert the useless object space normal map that comes with cephalopod's models into perfectly clean, deformable TANGENT SPACE MAPS:
- Download Handplane http://www.handplane3d.com/
- In the install folder find Handplane 1.6 installer
- Install Handplane 1.6
- This program does one thing and it takes two parameters: a low poly mesh, and an object space normal map. So you browse those then press the button. The result, bang, a perfect tangent space normal map.
- Probably need to invert and swap some channels around.
"WTF is a tangent space normal map and why can't I just use my shitty object space normal map?" http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Normal_Map_Technical_Details#Tangent-Space_vs._Object-Space
"How the fuck am I supposed to know which channels to flip and switch?"
Red = X - things facing left are black, things facing right are white
Green = Y - things facing up are black, things facing down are white
Blue = Z (1) - borderline redundant information, usually completely white.
"Wow man that sounds complicated can't you just figure it out for me?"
INVERT RED AND GREEN. FOR BLENDER, ONLY RED.
Now get this message to Cephalopod so he fixes his shit over on SmutBase.
"Wow man, what a write-up, sounds like you already did all this shit, couldn't you just give me your fixed normal map?"
NO, FUCK YOU. https://i.imgur.com/9LlNvb4.png
IF YOU WERE IN BLENDER IT'D LOOK LIKE THIS https://i.imgur.com/A4FvDIc.png WHAT A MAGNIFICENT JELLY COCK!
SOMEONE FINALLY USED MY FUCKING RIG THAT WORKS FOR LTIERALLY EVERYTHING (I hope you tested it and it did work, cause it should)
Thank you for that. Now tell the other idiots still copy pasting shit in their animgroups.txt.
@dantehybrid 6 months late but for anyone else with similar problems: Delete your DefaultAnimGroups.txt, the rig makes it obsolete. Google if you don't know where it is.
>still no Juri port for the plebs