DMX Self-Container / Packager [v2; Now has UI]
If you have ever tried to co-op a SFM project, then chances are you've ran into the problem of synchronizing assets: making sure everyone has all the right models, materials, sounds, and maps. The problem gets exacerbated when you use a single prop from a 5GB pack, or you use models that you had modified for your particular project.
This program alleviates that: simply drop a SFM project DMX onto the program, and it will automatically retrieve all of the relevant files, and copy them into a singular folder, ready for you to zip up with your program of choice. It will automatically resolve your multiple mod folders (usermod, and all other folders pointed to in your gameinfo.txt).
- Extract the DMX_Packager_UI.exe anywhere you like, bundled with DmxPackageLib.dll.
- Double-click the executable to launch the UI.
- Drag-and-drop gameinfo.txt onto the "Gameinfo.txt" text box, or press "Browse" to navigate to it. Note that you only need to do this once - it will save the path to gameinfo.txt for future uses.
- Drag-and-drop your project .DMX, map .BSP, or model .MDL onto the "Target" text box, or press "Browse", set your desired format, and navigate to it.
- Press "Package" when finished.
- All files you give the program (both gameinfo.txt and your dmx's) must be in your SFM folder. The program uses their directory paths to resolve absolute and local paths.
- Program is written in C#, and only tested on Windows 7 Home 64-bit edition. So you need to have whatever is needed for C# programs to work correctly for you.
If you find any bugs, please post them in the comments below so I can fix them.
Deprecated source codes below
Click here to download v2.0.0 (UI_v1.0.0) source code. You are free to do whatever you want with the source code, so long as you give credit where it's due.
Leave a reply
You need to be logged in to leave a comment.