A tool that lets you control the Flesh shader of VertexLitGeneric within SFM
After applying the script to a model, you can control most of the shader's parameters from inside SFM, without having to worry about messing with the Element Viewer.
The shader requires a bit of manual setup. Don't bother if you don't know how to work with VMT files! Here's a template VMT containing the essential parameters. Since VertexLitGeneric is used, you can use parameters such as $phong just fine.
To install, simply place it where other rig scripts go (.../game/platform/scripts/sfm/animset/). Launch SFM and right-click an animation set -> rig -> setup_flesh. New controls will be added for each material.
###What's wrong with the shader/tool:
- Does not work with SFM's lights, you have to cleverly work with map lighting here.
- Due to the script's nature, your rootTransform's rotation has to be set to Zero for it to work! You can rotate other bones just fine, however.
- The interior texture is rendered on top of the basetexture, meaning you can't set it to be transparent without a lot of workarounds.
- Generated override materials are using the wrong paths at times. If the script doesn't seem to work, make sure the mtlName is correctly set and you're editing the right VMT.
- Material changes (especially effect centers) are delayed, making animation hard.
- The script might not work well when rigs are applied, and removes override materials.
- The black interior color of the effect's border seemingly can not be changed.
###And because I'm a timelord from a day in the future, here's some tips for you:
- Don't add/bother me for help with this tool.
- This tool is not perfect.
- The shader it relies on is not perfect (read above for more info).
- I don't know everything about this shader or this tool.
- This tool's code is based off of Doc's Color Script, as I'm no Python genius when it comes to SFM's API.
- If you don't understand something about the shader, I won't either since it's a weird thing.
SFMLab is a free service. However, it costs about $0.03 to deliver you a 1GB file. With over 20TB of traffic every month and growing, SFMLab needs your help. If only 1% of our users each gave us $5 for a single month, we could keep the site running for several years.
|setup_flesh.py||608||2017-12-26 16:34:13||13.59 KB|
|EU0 Download (Patrons only) EU1 Download NA Download|