Skarlet is a warrior created by Shao Kahn using sorcery and the blood of countless warriors, only to be released by Shao Kahn as a last resort. Her sole purpose is to discover Quan Chi's true reason for attending the Mortal Kombat tournament. Skarlet uses kodachi swords and kunai knives as well as her power to turn into, and absorb the blood of her prey.
Well, I think I’ve done all what I can to make this port, and now I think she’s working enough to be shared.
- Her Kunais are more or less poseable.
- Her swords are supposedly poseable. Blender says otherwise though.
- The front and the back of her loincloth are poseable, each one with 26 bones (13 per side.)
- Her Arm Clothes (those little rope straps thing) are poseable, 6 bones per side.
- She doesn’t have flexes, she has face bones though.
- Eye Posing
- Jigglebones on her pony tail, front hair, breasts and butt.
- Both Pauldrons are a single bodygroup.
- Her 4 Kunais and kunai strap are a single bodygroup.
- Her Sword Holder (those straps going around her).
- Both Swords are a single bodygroup
- Front loincloth and Back loincloth are two separate bodygroups.
Custom IK Rig
- All regular rig helpers
- Custom Kunai group
- Custom loincloth group
- Custom Arm clothing group
I think you can do this with the current tools out there, but I though it would be helpful to have them in the IK Rig to find them easily.
- The custom groups only lists the bones. They are not “custom constraints” I think they are called…
- The bold text are stuff that wasn’t included on the model, but I felt like doing them (aka I did them), so there’s a huge chance they don’t work as expected (for example, the pauldrons where attached to the mesh and some skin, but I made them bodygroups)
I’ve also though it was a good idea to add the arm and leg twists to the rig since she had those bones on her armature anyway.
This also needs a custom sfm_defaultanimationgroups which I’ve also included. Please make sure to backup your current animgroups, without them, none of the eyelid bones will appear.
- In some poses, the pauldrons don’t move properly
- Her butt behaves weirdly when you rotate too much either her pelvis or her hips.
- Most likely a lot more than I didn't notice because I'm too dumb.
- Ifound a way to put two materials on her hair, and now it looks ok-ish.
- romero1718 for his xnalara port. (even though the model appeared to be transparent on Blender for some reason)
- KP0988 for his port tutorial.
- Ganonmaster and LordAardvark’s Eye Posing guidance.
- Msu355’s Auto-Rigger after I realized I know shit about hierarchies.
- Google for helping me to find the answers for the questions I had.
I've made more modifications to her hair mesh. For those interested, these are some comparing pictures.
So yeah. This is my third model port ever, but this is the first one I’ve actually put a lot of effort on. English isn’t my first language and I’m pretty much new to all this Blender stuff, so I hope you can understand what I just wrote and I also hope the model works properly, because most likely if there’s a huge issue I won’t be able to fix it… I mean, I don’t even know what an UV map is… So if you guys fix something, may I ask if it’s too much if you can share it?
SFMLab is a free service. However, it costs about $0.03 to deliver you a 1GB file. With over 20TB of traffic every month and growing, SFMLab needs your help. If only 1% of our users each gave us $5 for a single month, we could keep the site running for several years.
|Skarlet0.1.rar||782||2016-01-31 20:32:28||4.01 MB|
|Skarlet.rar||527||2016-01-31 20:32:28||4.01 MB|
|Skarlet0.11.rar||677||2016-01-31 20:32:28||4.34 MB|