A script that aims to solve a problem that occurs in SFM when having multiple field of view/FOV values for one camera in a single shot. It's pretty nice to be able to switch FOVs between cuts in a shot but I would always get this jittery motion whenever I previewed the shot in SFM. Hopefully this will help someone in a similar situation.
I noticed that this jittery motion could be removed by doing this:
- Right click the camera in the animation set editor
- Select "Show in element viewer" -> "ChannelsClip"
- Expand the "channels" node
- Expand the "scaled_fieldOfView_channel" node
- Set "mode" to 1 (Default value is 3)
Several actions in SFM resets this "mode" to 3. I got tired of following the steps mentioned above and decided to put it all into a script that can be triggered from the menu.
Unzip the contents of the zip to the sfm usermod folder
The issues described in the beginning can now be solved by:
- Selecting the shot(s) with issues in the clip editor
- Run the script from the SFM menu bar (Scripts/kjkj/fovfix). The script will set all "scaled_fieldOfView_channel" modes to 1.
SFMLab is a free service. However, it costs about $0.03 to deliver you a 1GB file. With over 20TB of traffic every month and growing, SFMLab needs your help. If only 1% of our users each gave us $5 for a single month, we could keep the site running for several years.
|fovfix.zip||245||2021-08-23 20:35:07||966.0 B|